Introduction to Commemorative Air Force Education
Dallas Educator Sign Up
Sign up for news and invitations about the Dallas area educational programs.
CAF Unit Programs
See how CAF units can attain resources to run educational programs.
Education Resources COVID-19
Educational programs cover a wide range of activities all based around aviation and STEM disciplines.
The Commemorative Air Force is creating vertically aligned educational opportunities for youth to grow STEM and aviation skills. Experience and exposure to aviation and aviation careers will reach students at multiple points in their development, from Pre-K through high school. The CAF has an infinite number of tools and stories to engage students in learning opportunities. The goals for educational programming and activities are to:
• Provide experience and exposure at every stage, including the youngest pre-kindergarten learners, to aviation and aviation-related careers.
• Inspire and foster the development of 21st Century profession skills, specifically communication, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and citizenship, through aviation and/or history-related learning.
• Build STEM skills through an understanding of aircraft design, science of flight, and systems management.
• Using the CAF’s collection of unique WWII aircraft and artifacts, simulate exposure to the commitment of the entire nation to fight the war against tyranny, which will develop skills such as leadership, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, citizenship, and patriotism.
• Create a pipeline of high school graduates with employable skills in aviation, including within the areas of flight, aircraft maintenance, and aviation operations.
• Be the go-to resource for Career Technical Education (CTE) aviation-related programs, including hands-on experience, student internships, flight experience and building mechanical comprehension.
Units are encouraged to host students in informal settings, such as scouting, and work with formal education by inviting classrooms and clubs in to experience the tools of the CAF. Unit members are also encouraged to visit schools for career day, reading to classes, or any other opportunity that introduces students to STEM and aviation.
He who does the work does the learning. Units are encouraged to provide hands-on learning opportunities for youth, while minimizing lecture-style presentations.