2022 CAF CONFERENCE INFORMATION
Please join us for the annual members-only CAF Conference! The 2022 Conference will take place February 17 - 20, 2022 at the CAF National Airbase in Dallas, TX. The conference is aimed at CAF members at any level of experience, whether you have recently joined or are a long-time Unit leader; there's no better way to get to know the CAF! To attend this conference, you must be a CAF Member (Colonel, Preservation Colonel, Life Member or Cadet).
The registration fee includes all sessions, all conference lunches, and a ticket to the CAF Hall of Fame Banquet. The registration fee does not include a ticket to The Victory Ball.
Happening during the conference is The Victory Ball, on the evening of Friday, February 18. This year’s ball will feature live music by the world famous Glenn Miller Orchestra, a cocktail reception, a three-course dinner, and plenty of time to dance the night away in a re-created World War II-era setting. Guests are encouraged to wear WWII-era attire, both military and civilian. Alternative attire is business formal. PLEASE NOTE: Additional ticket required. Tickets are $250, with special $85 pricing for CAF Colonels and Cadets only.
If you are unable to attend the conference sessions, but would like to attend The Victory Ball, the CAF Hall of Fame banquet or if have a guest who will be attending the meals only, tickets for those individuals and events are also available on the registration form below. For additional questions, call (877) 767-7175, ext. 102 or email Donna Blalack at email@example.com.
REGISTRATION COSTS (Per Person):
- Early bird: $250 thru Feb. 2 / $300 beginning Feb. 3
- $70 CAF Hall of Fame-only (One ticket to CAF Hall of Fame is included in CAF Conference Registration)
- $85 The Victory Ball for CAF Colonels and Cadets only, $250 guests
All events will be held at the CAF National Airbase, which is home to CAF Headquarters and the Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center, and located at 5661 Mariner Drive, Dallas, TX 75237.
Thursday, February 17
- 9 - 10 a.m American Airpower Heritage Foundation Board Meeting
- 10:15-11:30 a.m. - American Airpower Heritage Museum Board Meeting
- 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. American Airpower Heritage Flying Museum Board Meeting
- 1- 3 p.m. General Staff Board Meeting
- 5 - 6:30 p.m. Welcome Reception
- Our conference weekend begins with a reception in the Fred and Barbara Telling Hangar at Headquarters. It lasts from 5-6:30 and is a good time to meet some new people or get reacquainted with some you already know. There will be free hors d’ oeuvres, beer and wine.
- Registration Open All Day
- 8:30 - 10: 00 a.m. Opening General Session
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Fundraising Fundamentals
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Finance - Beginners
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Social Media
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Safety Update & Operations Intro
- Noon - 1:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. Mini Aviation Discovery Zone
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. Introducing the Vintage Warbird Riders Club
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. Finance - Advanced
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. PIO Resources
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. Maintenance Review
- 6:30 - 10:30 p.m. The Victory Ball (additional ticket required, not included in CAF Conference Registration)
- Registration Open Until Noon
- 8:30 - 10: 00 a.m. How to Organize an Aviation Exploration Day
- 8:30 - 10: 00 a.m. 12 Planes of Christmas - Unwrapping Success
- 8:30 - 10: 00 a.m.Calling All Cadets!
- 8:30 - 10: 00 a.m. Insurance Roundtable Discussion
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. How to Organize an Aviation Exploration Day (repeat)
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Recruit, Retain & Regain
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Finance Q & A
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Brand Standards
- 10:15 - 11: 45 a.m. Aircraft Restoration Update
- Noon - 1:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. Quickbooks Online
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. New Unit Officers Report for Duty
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. Fundraising Fundamentals (repeat)
- 1:45 - 3 p.m. AirCorp Library
- 6 p.m. Cocktail Hour with cash bar
- 7 p.m. CAF Hall of Fame Ceremony and Banquet Dinner
The CAF Advisory board shall include the Unit Leader of each chartered CAF Unit, including provisional Units, and Aircraft Coordinators of individually assigned aircraft, and other members, either Regular or Honorary. This Board will meet in conjunction with the CAF conference each year and at other times as called-upon with thirty (30) days prior written notice. This Board will serve as advisor to the President on all matters of CAF business and particularly in promulgation of CAF regulations, CAF Unit Regulations, and general policy of the Commemorative Air Force.
This is a time to bring your Unit’s questions or issues to the President. We ask that all Unit Leaders plan to stay for this meeting. But of course, all conference attendees are welcome to join as well.
The conference hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn, 800 N. Main St., Duncanville, TX, an 8-minute drive from CAF National Airbase. Click here to book online or call: (972) 283-9777. Book the group rate ($114 per night) for the Commemorative Air Force. The hotel features a restaurant and bar on site, complimentary wireless internet in guestrooms, and complimentary self-parking.
A shuttle between the CAF National Airbase and the hotel will be provided for those needing transportation.
- Fundraising Fundamentals: Do you want to learn how to build better relationships with funders and top donors that lead to increased financial support? Want to learn how to improve your messaging of the CAF’s mission to always consider the donor’s point of view? Are you looking for practical tips and tools to take your fundraising efforts to the next level? This session is for you.
- 12 Planes of Christmas – Unwrapping Success: The 12 Planes of Christmas Campaign has raised over $1 million dollars since its inception – directly benefiting aircraft from across the CAF fleet. Want to learn more about this campaign? Have you wondered how your unit can participate and how to maximize the fundraising potential for your assigned aircraft? Join Marketing, Development, and unit representatives to learn more about this annual campaign and begin preparing now for a successful 2022 campaign.
- Mini Aviation Discovery Zone-Come Play!: Experience firsthand a miniature version what the National Aviation Education Center provides during the annual CAF Wings Over Dallas Airshow. We host thousands of kids over three days where they experience hands-on, aviation related activities. During this conference mini event, you will work through stations in a make-and take setting. You will see how easy it is to showcase principles of flight, engineering, and mechanics in these simple workstations. Take home ideas for your own Aviation Discovery Zone or activities to engage a few kids in learning about aviation. Be sure to join us on Saturday during the How to Organize an Aviation Exploration Day session where we will dig into the logistics of how you can host your own event.
- How to Organize an Aviation Exploration Day: Learn how simple it is to host students of any age for a day of aviation related exploration. Partnerships, activities and behind the scenes logistics will be discussed.
- Finance - Beginners: Learning to be a Finance Officer.
- Finance – Advanced: What is due and when.
- Quickbooks Online: Where to find items and how to record transactions.
- Finance Q&A: Answering Finance Officer’s questions on information from the sessions and other items you will probably forget.
- Social Media: Learn how to leverage your presence into engagement and visitation. Find out what your audience wants, how to use calls to action, and how to use advertising to expand your reach and influence. Also discover what 2021 trends tell us about social media in 2022.
- PIO Resources: Learn what resources are available to you to market your Unit. Also this is a great opportunity to let staff know what new resources would be helpful to marketing units nationwide.
- Brand Standards: The way we present the organization determines what you and others think about the CAF - This is the essence of "a brand." Learn about the CAF brand and why it is important to have guidelines and standards for it. Learn why it is vital for all aspects of the organization to stay consistent and “on brand.”
- New Unit Officers Report for Duty! Are you new to Unit leadership at the CAF? Maybe you want a refresher on the duties of your office? Join CEO Hank Coates, COO David Oliver and CFO Lance Linguist for an overview of the various responsibilities and duties of Unit leadership. Learn some tips and tricks to help you prioritize, simplify and strengthen your effectiveness as a Unit officer.
- Recruit, Retain & Regain-The Three R's of Membership: How do you grow your Unit? How do you engage new members and bring back those who drifted away? Learn successful strategies and tactics for strengthening retention efforts and developing a “Member First” culture.
- Calling All Cadets!: Cadet programs across the CAF vary quite a bit in size and scope. Come share ideas and learn new approaches for starting or strengthening your Unit’s Cadet program.
- Introducing the Vintage Warbird Riders Club: The rumors are true! The CAF is changing its approach to Supporting Memberships derived from LHFA aircraft rides. We’ll roll-out the details of this new initiative, including the new electronic hold harmless agreement. Share your ideas on ways the CAF can continue to engage aircraft riders long after the ride is over.
- Safety Update & Operations Staff Introduction
- CAF Operations
- CAF Maintenance
- Aircraft Restoration Update
- Insurance review and Q&A w/Assured Partners
- AirCorp Library
SPONSORSHIP OF THE CONFERENCE
Don’t bypass your opportunity to be a Wing Staff Conference Sponsor this year! If you want your Unit name in the conference program, Donna must have your commitment by February 1. firstname.lastname@example.org
- $ 300 Unit Name in the Program and on the Break Banner
- Level 2
- $ 600 Unit Name on Meal Table Tents, plus in the Program and on the Break Banner
- Level 3
$1,200 Reserved table at Friday lunch, plus all the above